You have probably stumbled on a lot of individuals raving about turmeric lately, and you are wondering what the fuss is about. You are thinking about the fact that it may just be one of those thousands of fads that just come up and fade away in 3 months. Here’s the deal, clean eating is a very important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and turmeric has a role in that. So the question that needs to be answered is “How To Take Turmeric?”.
Here is what you need to know about turmeric. It has been used in India and many Asian recipes for years; it is a spice that is obtained from the turmeric plant. Its root is particularly useful to medicine. Turmeric contains a yellow colored chemical that is known as curcumin. Curcumin is used as a colorant in food and even for cosmetics. Yes, turmeric is that main spice in curry that gives it the yellow color; it is also used to flavor curry powders, butter, and cheeses. Here is a more in depth article as to what exactly turmeric is.
This article aims to highlight the benefits of taking turmeric every day, how to take turmeric and the effects of turmeric supplements. This is going to be one healthy ride so welcome aboard.
What Are The Benefits Of Taking Turmeric
Turmeric has a whole host of health benefits and it’s discovery has proven to be a very important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Here is a look at some of the benfits:
- It’s anti-inflammatory properties help those suffering from arthritis
- Turmeric relaxes the muscles which helps with trapped intestinal gas
- It helps to regulate the digestive system and its overall health
- Provides relief for those suffering from the common headache or migraine
- It helps to flush the toxins from the liver
- Turmeric is also very useful for providing relief of menstrual pains
So the question I’m sure must be playing on your mind is how then can turmeric be used. Let’s dive in a little bit deeper.
How Turmeric Can Be Taken
Having known the benefits associated with the use of turmeric, it is only right that you would want to know how it can be taken. Turmeric can be incorporated in your daily foods in several different ways:
- Cook with your rice/greens: Turmeric apart from its numerous health benefits makes food more pleasing to the eyes. You can add the powdered turmeric to your plain rice to give it a more pleasing look while nourishing your body in the same vein.
- Soups: your bowl of soup (any type) would feel warmer and even taste nicer when it is spiced generously with turmeric. Pairing turmeric with pepper has proved to be a fantastic and healthy combination.
- Great in smoothies: Turmeric is very great in smoothies. Just a pinch of turmeric in your banana smoothie can add all the difference to your juice.
- Lastly, you can also use turmeric in your beverages and tea. A tinge of turmeric makes everything lighter and sweeter.
As you can see there are many benefits to adding turmeric supplements to your daily diet. However, as with anything you should avoid excessive amounts of turmeric. Everything in moderation is the key to a happy and healthy life.